Agreeing on a Framework
Assuming you are on course for a Participant Integration, here is how we suggest working together.
- Join our Discord server using this link (opens in a new tab) and post a message in the #blockchain (opens in a new tab) channel mentioning @Blockchain Support saying that you wish to be part of Ledger Live Participant integration
- You will be contacted on Discord by a Blockchain support team member
Ledger will share a link to the Ledger Live Integration application form.
In this questionnaire, you will answer a set of questions that will help our team get a better understanding of the following aspects of your project:
- Technical specificities of your Blockchain and its ecosystem
- Connectivity to Third Party Services
- Scope of the desired integration
- - The validation of the scope AND of the technical feasibility of the integration are required before starting the development phase.
- - Do not start the development phase before getting an official GO from the Ledger team.
- - We will not provide any technical support and/or code review to teams who did not get vetted by Ledger team upfront
- - Please be mindful when filling in this questionnaire, any unanswered or unclear question will delay the review process.
- - Ledger keeps the right to refuse and/or cancel any Participant Integration at any time without further notice or explanation.
Upon reception of your project information, Ledger will start reviewing it. Please note that we do receive a lot of submissions and our bandwidth is limited so it can take some time before you hear back from us, but don’t worry we do review all the applications.
Upon review of your project information, Ledger will share a Google sheet document with your team. This document is a breakdown of all questions / answers you provided in the Application form.
Most of the time, Ledger will require further clarifications about the information provided. Ledger will use the “comment” feature of Google sheet to interact with your team.
Phase 4 ends when all items of the shared Gsheet are in status “validated”
Now that our team at Ledger have a full understanding of the technical specificities of your Blockchain and of the scope of the desired integration. There will be 3 options:
Option 1: Ledger gives you an official GO and you can start working on Ledger Live integration on the full desired scope.
Option 2: Ledger gives you an official GO and you can start working on Ledger Live integration BUT on a reduced scope. For example, we could reduce the scope to send & receive only if we identify technical blockers that could put the integration process at risk.
Option 3: Ledger considers that for technical or business reasons your Blockchain can’t be integrated within Ledger Live. This decision can be taken at Ledger sole discretion.
The Ledger team will plan a kickoff meeting in order to discuss the following:
- Scope and Blockchain specificities
- Integration steps and milestones
- How to get support from the Ledger team
- When to submit a PR
- Code review
Our team will also be able to answer all the questions you might have.
After this meeting, you are finally ready to start!