Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
The Ledger Connect Kit lets you connect your DApps to Ledger hardware wallets. It has two components:
- Ledger Connect, that makes it easy to connect your Nano to Web3 directly from your browser.
- Ledger Live which is a mobile and desktop application working as hardware wallet synchronization manager and allowing Ledger users to buy, swap, grow, and manage their digital assets from the security of their hardware wallet.
- Ledger Connect will prevail when compatible, as it is introduced to more and more blockchains. Ledger Live will be used in other cases.
- The Connect your App packages will no longer be maintained.
Ledger Connect: Will be available to everyone by the end of the year on Safari for all Apple devices (requires iOS16+ or MacOS 12+). Support for other desktop browsers will be added in Q1 2023.
Ledger Live mobile app: Native mobile apps and other browsers on iOS and Android will trigger the Ledger Live app using a WalletConnect deeplink. Both Ledger Live on iOS and Android can also be used to connect on desktop via the WalletConnect QRcode.
Ledger Live desktop app: Used as a fall back on desktop browsers until Ledger Connect support is added, and for USB connections.
Ledger Connect Kit supports:
- Ledger Connect: Ethereum, Polygon, Solana
- Ledger Live app: Ethereum, Polygon & BSC
No maintenance required
The code is designed to be loaded at runtime from a CDN so that the logic and UI can be updated as we release new updates without the wait for wallet libraries and DApps updating package versions and releasing new builds.